Property Management Services
Property Management of Hayward Inc. provides professional property management services in Sawyer, Bayfield, Douglas and Washburn counties. We are always open to accepting new properties in our rental program. If you have a lakefront property that you are interested in renting; please give us a call and we would be happy to meet with you to discuss your property’s potential.
Vacation rental is a great way to offset costs associated with the maintenance of your property. It is not good for a home to sit vacant for weeks or months out of the year. Continued use ensures that everything is in working order, maintained and ready for you to come up and enjoy. We are a reputable and professional company that has the required real estate and broker licensing necessary to handle rental monies, advertise and negotiate rates.
Don’t be fooled by pseudo property managers, resort managers and caretakers that manage rentals illegally! The Department of Safety & Professional Services has strict standards and procedures that we must follow to handle your vacation rental and funds in a responsible and legal manner. Vacation rental is a business and we act as a professional and trustworthy business partner to make your vacation rental realize its fullest potential.
We will walk you through the process as follows:
- Arrange an appointment to tour your property, discuss costs, review contract provisions, provide insurance information, disclose licensing requirements and explain our services.
- If the owner decides to join our rental program we will provide a competitive rental rate, make suggestions on furniture, decor and amenities, arrange for professional cleaning, install a lock box and take listing photos.
- We will schedule the necessary inspection for lodging licensing by the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection and provide access to the property.
- Create listings on our website and additional vacation rental advertising websites utilizing state of the art techniques, website and reservation software.
- We will take reservations, secure rental contracts and payment, coordinate check ins/outs, provide cleaning between guest and owner visits, address guest questions/concerns and check inventory after guests check out. We are the only point of contact for guests, government officials and service people so you don’t have to deal with it. We also handle any necessary collection of security deposits for damaged or missing items.
- We will deposit rental monies in a trust account to be dispersed to our property owners on the 10th of every month. Owners have the option of blocking out any dates they want their property for personal use. We just ask that you provide 8 weeks of availability during the peak season from Memorial Day through Labor Day weekends. Owners have access to up to date calendars so they are always aware of the use of their property.
- We disperse 1099 Forms to our owners at the end of the year and handle the collection of sales and room taxes. We also pay all merchant credit card fees.
- We also have optional caretaker services. These services include but are not limited to mowing, plowing, heat monitoring, dock installation & removal, storm damage cleanup, Fall & Spring yard cleanups, light bulb & battery replacement, light handyman repairs, pressure washing and house checks.